Seafood Laksa Soup
Add seafood and take your Laksa to the next level.
- 5 Massel Laksa Cubes (one cube per cup, plus one cube for the pot or to taste. If you like a stronger flavour just add another cube per cup or water)
- 1 litre Water
- 4 portions Rice Noodles prepared as per pack instructions
- 2 Shallots, cleaned and chopped, cut at an angle
- 1 cup of Coconut Milk (or to taste)
- 1 small head of Broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small Zucchini cut in small chunks
- 1 small Baby Bok Choy cut in pieces, hard parts removed
- ½ a can of Bamboo shoots
- 250 gr. of Scallops
- 300 gr. of green prawns, peeled, tails removed
- 250 gr. white mild tasting fish (I used Ling)
- 1 Tbsp. of Cashews (per person), roughly chopped.
- 1 small red Chilli.
- In a pan bring the water to boil, add the Massel cubes while stirring.
- Add coconut milk.
Your basic Laksa Soup is already ready! Now refine it by adding the following:
- Add the Shallots and Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add Broccoli, Zucchini, Bok Choy and Bamboo Shoots while stirring and Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the seafood while stirring and Simmer for no more than 3 minutes.
Serve the Laksa into 4 bowls.
Add noodles first, then vegetables and seafood and then cover with the Laksa.
Sprinkle with the cashews and decorate with a few pieces of fresh chilli.