Ricotta & Spinach Cannelloni
Who doesn’t love cannelloni! This creamy spinach and ricotta vegetarian dish is sure to become a family favourite.
- 2 Massel Vegetable Ultracubes
- 1 Teaspoon Massel Stock Powder Vegetable Style
- 12 pre-cooked Cannelloni tubes;
- 500 gr. cooking ricotta;
- 250gr. pack frozen spinach, defrosted and drained;
- 100 gr. grated parmesan cheese;
- 1 egg
- 1 x Can (800 g) peeled or chopped tomatoes.
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- Place cannelloni in hot water while you prepare the filling:
- Place canned tomatoes in a pot; add Ultracubes; on high heat bring to the boil; lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or so to reduce, until the cannelloni are ready.
- In a bowl combine ricotta, spinach, stock powder, egg and grated Parmesan cheese, set one-third of the parmesan aside for later.
- Coat the bottom of an ovenproof dish (large enough to accommodate the 12 cannelloni in one layer) with the tomato sauce.
- Gently fill cannelloni and place them in the ovenproof dish, one next to the other. * Chef’s Tip: If you find the filling difficult, try the following system: open each tube, place on it a good quantity of the ricotta mix, shaping it to fill the whole length, then roll the pastry tube closed and place it in the tomato sauce, cut side down.
- Cover cannelloni with the rest of the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle the reserved Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (or as per cannelloni manufacturer recommendations)
- Serve hot. Garnish with chopped fresh ripe tomatoes, sprinkled with a dash of Massel vegetable stock powder.