Pasta & Broccoli
A quick mid-week vegetarian recipe the whole family will enjoy. We also love making this for an easy Sunday lunch.
A fresh tossed salad made of mixed lettuces and rocket leaves compliments this dish well.
- 2 teaspoons Massel Vegetable Stock Powder
- 200 gr. Fettuccine,
- 200 gr. Broccoli cut into florets,
- 1 Tbsp olive oil,
- 2 Medium size shallots, chopped,
- 3 Anchovy fillets in oil, well drained and cut in small pieces,
- 2 Tbsp light cream (optional) or softened butter
- 50gr. Grated Parmesan cheese
- Add pasta to a large saucepan of boiling water. Cook pasta until “al dente” (or as per manufacturer’s instructions). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large frypan, add shallots and anchovy fillets; sauté over low heat allowing the anchovy pieces to break apart.
- When pasta is ready add the broccoli florets to the frypan, sprinkle with the stock powder and sauté for one minute or so until the broccoli turns bright green.
- Add the pasta to the frypan, mixing well.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and the cream (or butter), stirring quickly
- Serve topped with extra shaved Parmesan cheese and freshly grated black pepper.