Cold Cucumber Soup
This cold cucumber soup is extra refreshing on a hot summers day.
- 2 Massel Ultracube Vegetable Stock Cubes or 4 Massel 7s Vegetable Stock Cubes
- 2 Cucumbers (Roughly 15cm long)
- 6 Shallots
- Same quantity as Cucumbers (in volume) of Cottage Cheese (350 – 400g)
- ½ cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- Chopped chives (or chopped parsley) as garnish
- Peel and chop cucumbers into big pieces
- Clean shallots removing the roots.
- In a blender place the cucumbers, shallots, cottage cheese, water, olive oil and the Massel Stock Cubes. Blend at maximum speed until nice and smooth.
- Pour mixture in a jar and refrigerate.
- Serve with a couple of drops of olive oil and a small sprinkle of chopped chives or parsley and a dash of freshly ground black pepper to taste.