Chilli Con Carne
This easy recipe for Chilli Con Carne is the ultimate comfort food. We love making it in advance to give the chilli time to build flavour.
For a healthy twist try serving with slices of grilled polenta instead of corn chips. YUM.
- 1 teasp Massel Beef Style Stock Powder
- 1 Massel Ultracube Beef Style
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500 gr. Beef Mince
- 1 can (440 gr) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can Borlotti or Red Kidney Beans
- 3 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Light sour cream and chopped fresh parsley to serve
- In large frypan, on high heat, cook onion in water and stock powder until all water has evaporated.
- Add oil while mixing. Be cautious: the oil could splatter as it heats up.
- Wait for the onion to sizzle then add the mince beef.
- Sautee mince until well done. This step will reduce dramatically the cooking time of the dish.
- Add crushed tomatoes and Ultracube while stirring.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Add beans and sweet chilli sauce. Mix well.
- If too watery, keep on boiling on high heat until reduced. Keep an eye on it!
Serve with a touch of light sour cream sprinkled with chopped parsley and corn chips on the side.