Chicken Laksa Soup
This delicious Laksa, using our new Instant Laksa cubes has quickly become a firm favourite.
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Skinless, boneless chicken thighs, sliced thinly
- 4 Massel Laksa Ultracube's
- 2 Shallots, white and light green parts only, cleaned and chopped
- 1 Baby Bok Choy, hard parts removed, washed and chopped
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cups water
- 5 Tbsp. of thick coconut milk
- 2 portions of rice noodle prepared following manufacturer’s instructions
- 6-8 Cashew nuts, toasted and crushed - to serve
- In a deep frypan, on medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil, add chicken strips and sauté until golden.
- Add Massel Laksa Cubes, crushing them in the oil with a wooden spoon, coating the chicken strips with the resulting paste.
- Add the shallots while stirring.
- Add the bok choy and broccoli while stirring.
- Add the water while stirring.
- Bring water to the boil.
- Add coconut milk while stirring.
- Reduce heat and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- To serve: place prepared rice noodles in each dish, ladle soup, chicken and vegetables on top of the noodles and decorate with the cashew nuts.