Caprese Cherry Tomato & Bocconcini Skewers
This is summer on a stick. It is a great dish to start out a meal or as part of luncheon buffet. Kids and adults love snacking on this one and it’s a great way to utilize all those cherry tomatoes growing in your garden. This delicious dish is low fat, low salt, low sugar, gluten-free and vegetarian.
If you want to kick up the presentation up on this easy appetiser, use rosemary twigs as your skewer.
- 1 teaspoon Massel Salt Reduced Vegetable Stock Powder
- 3 teaspoons basil leaves, chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 bocconcini (small mozzarella balls)
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Cut cheese in half if it is not small enough.
- On a sheet of kitchen paper, combine basil and Massel Salt Reduced Vegetable Stock Powder.
- Roll bocconcini pieces in the basil mixture.
- On a long tooth pick or skewer, alternately place cherry tomato and bocconcini slices down the skewer, creating a boccconcini/tomato sandwich.
- Serve three “tomato cheese sandwiches” on a skewer.
Note: We usually try to pick tomatoes and bocconcini that are the same size.