With family get-togethers, outdoor activities with the kids or just a picnic and day at the park this summer you can enjoy lite and healthy food faire. There are as many barbecue styles in the United States that can be traced back to the first settlers, natives and slaves who were here in the 17th century. Each part of the USA has its own unique barbecue style, specialty meat, preparation methods, herbal rub or homemade sauce. BBQ sauces are generally tomato based, but there are fruit-based and gluten or organic barbecue sauces.
With this in mind Massel Bouillon Cubes offers a special seasonal collection of recipes to make your next BBQ the best one ever!
Two-Minute BBQ Marinade
This quick and easy marinade makes for a great last minute dinner idea. Switch out the meat for tofu and this is a tasty vegan meal.
- 5 tablespoons of Massel Concentrated Liquid Stock
- Equal amount of your favorite red wine
- Place “5 tablespoons of Massel Concentrated Liquid Stock” into a large, deep bowl.
- Add an equal amount of your favorite red wine (5 tablespoons)
- Immerse meat in mixture, ensuring it’s completely covered.
- Let stand for ½ minute to 1 minute depending how strong you like your marinade
- Place on grill and cook as normal
This simple chicken marinade recipe makes for a tasty meal in just a matter of minutes!
- One pouch of Massel Concentrated Liquid Stock
- Equal amount of our favorite white wine
- Empty one pouch of Massel Concentrated Liquid Stock into a deep oven tray
- Add equal amount of your favorite white wine (check Massel pouch)
- Place your chicken breast into the mixture
- Let stand for up to 5 minutes depending personal taste preferences
- Place on grill and cook as normal
Zucchini & Goat Cheese Salad
This is a delicious idea for a salad, rather than a recipe. Try raw zucchini sliced with a peeler with just a little of our Massel Lemon vinaigrette and a few crumbles of goat cheese. You can also add this salad combo to some steamy fresh cooked pasta with a touch more Massel broth and olive oil, and you have a great summer pasta dish.
- 2/3 medium sized zucchini
- Goat cheese to taste, crumbled-aged or fresh
- 1 teaspoon Massel Vegetable Better Bouillon Granules
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-teaspoon honey
- Place 1 teaspoon of Massel Vegetable Better Bouillon Granules, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1-teaspoon of honey into a jar or heavy duty Ziploc bag. Close and shake well.
- Carefully slice your zucchini into thin ribbons with the peeler.
- Crumble your goat cheese over your zucchini.
- (You can also add lemon and use your zester to add some fine strips of lemon peel.)
- Serve your salad.
You will love the combination of the vinegar and sugar in this marinade. Prep the day before and with just a few minutes to grill up, dinner is made. Serve with a garden salad, add crumbled blue cheese and you have a perfect companion for a steak house meal at home. You can also use this marinade to toss red potatoes for roasting or to brush on grilled vegetables.
- 2lbs beef skirt steak or flank steak or pork tenderloin
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 Massel beef style Ultracube, just squeeze to break up.
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Freshly ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a large sealable bag or container.
- Marinate meat in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto
This is a great side dish for grilled meat and fish or prepare ahead of time for a lovely chilled salad as part of a summer brunch buffet.
- 8 asparagus spears, peeled
- ½ teaspoon Massel Salt Reduced Vegetable Better Bouillon granules
- 2-teaspoon extra -virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon juice and rind
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 250C/500F.
- Mix Better Bouillon granules, olive oil, lemon juice and grated rinds together.
- Toss asparagus in vinaigrette.
- Spread asparagus in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, depending on Asparagus spear thickness.
- Separate the asparagus into bundles, then wrap each bundle with a slice of prosciutto.
- Serve as a warm or serve chilled salad
For more recipe ideas visit our recipe page