Crispy Kale Chips by Meg from This Mess is Ours
Thanks to: Meg van der Kruik
Why limit yourself to simple kale salads? The mastermind behind the gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian site This Mess is Ours gives a healthy alternative to packaged potato chips with crispy kale that is sure to please. They can even be crumbled and used as a garnish for practically any dish!
- 1 bunch of lacinato or curly kale
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Massel Vegetable Ultracube, crumbled and dissolved in 1/2 tablespoon of water to make a broth.
- 2 teaspoons Massel Vegetable Stock Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Wash and thoroughly dry the kale. Remove the ribs from the kale and place the leafy greens in a large mixing bowl.
Drizzle the olive oil and the Massel Vegetable Ultracube broth over the kale, then sprinkle the Massel Vegetable Stock Powder, garlic powder and black pepper over the top. Toss the kale with your hands to thoroughly coat the leaves with the spices and oil.
Lay the seasoned leaves onto the prepared baking sheets in an even layer so that they are not overlapping.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, rotating and turning the pans halfway through.